« Home | By the Rivers of Babylon » | Now war is declared - and battle gone down » | Massachusetts, Please! » | Dispatches from the Internet » | Glad Tidings » | Please Mr. Postman! » | Just to keep you abreast of a rapidly developing s... » | Faith and Reason » | Obamania! » | Why The Uncertainty Principle? »

Fristicuffs! Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying, and Realize that Social Conservatives Are Suddenly Dropping Like Flies

It looks GOP Presidential hopefull Bill Frist, M.D. is out.

One arch-social conservative out. Now if only Mitt Romney would withdraw from the race... Slate's John Dickerson has a piece today encouraging Mr. Romney to start diffusing his religion situation A.S.A.P.

And Andrew Sullivan has a piece concerning Mormon scared underwear.

A final Mormom fact. In high school, a Mormon friend of mine once told me about the chant that young Mormon women are supposed to sing about their future husbands. I can't source this, and its sometimes difficult to pin down on google, but it goes something like this.

Sung to the tune of "I know a weenie man," apparently.

"I know a mormon boy,
he is my pride and joy.
He knows most everything from Alma on down.
Someday, I'll be his wife
We'll have eternal life
Oh-oh I love my Mormon boy."