« Home | Bayh Humbug! » | Sally: Hockey Stick! [In Lieu of Hark] » | Obama Obama Obama Obama » | Crash Into Me » | Food for Thought: DC, Michael Crichton & Ethical Food » | Its Hard On Top » | Atheists! Agnostiscs! and Believers! Oh my! » | Eyes on the Prize 2008: Romney and Gay Marriage » | J'accuse! Jacoby's Off His Rocker » | If You’re Out of Luck or Out of Work, We Could Sen... »

Wait Wait!

I love NPR’s quiz show Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me, and I usually get one or two great links out of it. Today, they did a quick snippet about a columnist for World Net Daily condemning soy as making kids, especially boys, gay, because of high level estrogen it contains.

Exploring the site more, I found that Chuck Norris writes for them. Then there’s this gem about a Christmas parody.

The radical Christian spin on this harmless little song, sung to the tune of Joy to the World:

“Joy to the world
I'm getting laid
I'm getting laid tonight.

We'll light the Yule log
Deck the halls
And then we'll play some
Jingle balls.

It's been a real long wait
This is our second date
It's Christmas Eve
And I'm getting laid.”

Is “CBS must apologize for having one of its television characters use a traditional Christmas carol to brag about his plans to sexually exploit a woman, according to the American Family Association.” [Emphasis Mine]. Hmmm. I’m not sure how that song has anything to do with sexual exploitation.